Sunday, May 16, 2004

movie cups

Ok, so I'm at a movie theatre today and I decide i'm gonna grab something to drink. Well my girlfriend went and got the refreshments and she got a large soda. I kind of thought a medium would suffice, but whatever. So I grab the cup...and the dang thing almost slides out of my hand. I don't know what kind of material they're making these cups out of these days, but I'll tell you what it reminded me of. Maybe you've seen these little novelty toyesque items that are round cylandrical shaped and contain fluid with like a spring inside, so that there's pretty much no way to hold the thing for more than a milisecond. Well I'm pretty sure that's exactly what this cup was made of. Let's evaluate this cup on all levels eh? So you got this cup that holds precisely ten gallons of soda all with a flimsy dinky plastic lid. Basically if you try to grab this full cup from the lid you're basically trusting this little plastic top to hold close to a metric ton of soda. That itself is ridiculous in my mind. Now on top of all that, you have this cup that feels like it's just been rolling around in penzoil. I mean why and who thought this was gonna me a really good idea? The only explanation I can think of is that this is somekind of a plan to sell soda, you now that eventually somebody is gonna go for a drink and end up with a lapfull. So you go back for a refill. Ok you got your refill maybe you dump it again or maybe you successfully drink it all.....which is an impressive feat on it's own...and say you go back for a refill...may god have mercy on your bladder...and all of a sudden you realize the free refills of the past are now limited to only one refill....but wait you already technically got a refill, yeah, and now it's over, you're done, no more soda for you butterfingers, you gotta pay up for a tasty tidbit of caffinated fun. All because of the slick cups. I curse thee evil corporate theatre chains, you're all evil geniuses that find the slyest ways to pick our pocket and serve addictingly buttery popcorn that is of course the devil. Curses.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog - swanson vitamin **!**

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I know this site that has a variety of top whole food vitamin supplements. I've been using them for over a year, and they have products from multivitamins, to weight loss supplements. Check it out at. vitamin for energy

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,

If you're looking for a one stop-shop that has a wide variety of products to try, check out www.vitaminworld.has.it.com They have a wide variety of nutritional health supplements. Check it out. nutrition vitamin

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home